Monday 21 May 2012

Installation Of The King Of Malaysia.

As a post scriptum to the blog of 19 May 2012 where I wrote about the new Yang Di-Pertuan Agong of Malaysia, Tuanku Abdul Halim Shah, whose installation was carried out on 11 April 2012 and where I said that I did not know about any stamps that Malaysia had issued in connection with the king's installation, I have now seen images of a set of three stamps and a miniature sheet which commemorate the event. The miniature sheet is interesting in that it includes portraits of the Yang Di-Pertuan Agong from both 1971 when he was installed as ruler for the first time as well as 2012 when he began his second term as King of Malaysia. In fact the 1971 portrait takes the form of the 10c value from the set of three which was issued to celebrate the royal installation and which I illustrated in full in my blog of 19 May 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment